To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Base recalibrator error

swongswong Phoenix, AZMember

Hello, I am trying to run baserecalibrator on a bam file after it has completed the Split'N'Trim + ReassignMappingQuality module as documented in the RNASeq Best Practices but am getting an error.

java -jar /home/swong/bin/GenomeAnalysisTK-3.3-0/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar –T BaseRecalibrator –R /home/swong/reference/hs37d5.fa -I TNBC_0019_1_BE_Whole_T3_O2KON_J00264.proj.Aligned.out.PICARD.sorted.dedup.ADDRG.SPLIT.bam –knownSites /home/swong/gatk_bundle_2.5/b37/dbsnp_137.b37.vcf –knownSites /home/swong/gatk_bundle_2.5/b37/Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.b37.vcf -o J00264_recal_data.table

ERROR MESSAGE: Invalid argument value '???T' at position 0.
ERROR Invalid argument value 'BaseRecalibrator' at position 1.
ERROR Invalid argument value '???R' at position 2.
ERROR Invalid argument value '/home/swong/reference/hs37d5.fa' at position 3.
ERROR Invalid argument value '???knownSites' at position 6.
ERROR Invalid argument value '/home/swong/gatk_bundle_2.5/b37/dbsnp_137.b37.vcf' at position 7.
ERROR Invalid argument value '???knownSites' at position 8.
ERROR Invalid argument value '/home/swong/gatk_bundle_2.5/b37/Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.b37.vcf' at position 9.

Not sure what I am doing wrong; I am very new to this and am trying to learn but following the tutorials exactly. Thank you very much!

Best Answers

Answers

• swongswong Phoenix, AZMember

Thank you so much pdexheimer!!! It was such a simple mistake. I have been pasting all my commands in Word to keep track of what I did and never thought that will cause any issues.

• swongswong Phoenix, AZMember

@Geraldine_VdAuwera, thank you. I will do that from now on.