We've moved!
This site is now read-only. You can find our new documentation site and support forum for posting questions here.
Be sure to read our welcome blog!

GATK in the UK : April 20-24 workshops

Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin
edited February 2015 in Announcements

We're going to be doing two back-to-back workshops in Edinburgh and Cambridge (the original, accept no substitutes) later this Spring, on April 20-21 and 23-24 respectively. The workshop program for both will be our typical one-day Best Practices lectures marathon followed by a half-day of lectures on supplemental topics (QC, non-humans, etc) and a half-day hands-on sessions for beginners to get their hands dirty with some real data.

These workshops are organized locally by the inviting institutions, University of Edinburgh and University of Cambridge, so please see the respective links for registration information.

Cheers to our hosts and we hope to see lots of you there!

bonus points to whoever gets the title reference -- and sings it in the correct tune

Tagged:

Comments

• TechnicalVaultTechnicalVault Cambridge, UKMember ✭✭✭

Congratulations you're fully booked in Cambridge already! Is there by any chance a possiblity of adding some more dates? I have some colleagues at the Sanger who would be interested.

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Unfortunately that's not going to be possible - I think our flights are booked already. How many people from Sanger would be interested?

• WVNicholsonWVNicholson Warwick University, CoventryMember

I may be interested in another workshop running in the UK as well. (I don't work at the Sanger Institute),

William

• WVNicholsonWVNicholson Warwick University, CoventryMember

@WVNicholson said:
    I may be interested in another workshop running in the UK as well. (I don't work at the Sanger Institute),

William

I imagine it's too late to sort out anything to the UK; but I may be able to get to any GATK workshops that happen in the US depending on the timing (i.e. if I can fit the workshop in with something else in a trip to the US). Also, I may be able to get to anything in Europe without worrying about combining the trip with attending another workshop/ meeting. I don't see any information about any other forthcoming workshops in the US or anywhere else though?

William

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Hi @WVNicholson ,

We're in planning another workshop in South Africa in June, but I guess that won't help you. After that the next event planned so far will be a 90 minute crash course at ASHG in Baltimore in October. We are looking at some other possible dates and locations this year but nothing solid yet. The workshops represent a big time commitment for us so there's only so many we can do a year with our present setup. We're trying to streamline things to be able to do more in the future, as there obviously is a lot of demand and reception has been very good. For now, all I can say is keep checking back; we'll make announcements as soon as we have more scheduled.

• addseo1118addseo1118 304 vbvbvbMember

It's sounds interesting but I'm too late.

• inkotovinkotov Cambridge, UKMember

Hi Geraldine,

I was at the workshop in Cambridge and I asked you about the MutSig for mouse genome. You said that it might be possible to get hold of it. I'd really appreciate your help. Ilya

Issue · Github
    by Sheila

Issue Number
    State
    closed
    Last Updated
    Assignee
    Array
    Milestone
    Array
    Closed By
    vdauwera

Hi @inkotov

Sorry for the late reply, I was away on parental leave. MutSig is available for non-commercial use here:

http://www.broadinstitute.org/cancer/cga/mutsig

It asks you to log in but all you need is to provide an email. This will give you access to a lot of the cancer research group's tools.