To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Workflow using HaplotypeCaller, GenotypeGVCFs, VQSR, and CalculateGenotypePosteriors

Hi,

I have recal.bam files for all the individuals in my study (these constitute 4 families), and each bam file contains information for one chromosome for one individual. I was wondering if it is best for me to pass all the files for a single individual together when running HaplotypeCaller, if it will increase the accuracy of the calling, or if I can just run HaplotypeCaller on each individual bam file separately.

Also, I was wondering at which step I should be using CalculateGenotypePosteriors, and if it will clean up the calls substantially. VQSR already filters the calls, but I was reading that CalculateGenotypePosteriors actually takes pedigree files, which would be useful in my case. Should I try to use CalculateGenotypePosteriors after VQSR? Are there other relevant filtering or clean-up tools that I should be aware of?

Thanks very much in advance,

Alva

Best Answer

Answers