To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at

HELP: haplotypecaller doesn't call the driver oncogenic variant!

I'm using GATK haplotypecaller in order to detect varianti in a tumor sample analyzed with Illumina WES 100X2 paired end mode. I know KRAS p.G12 variant (chr12:25398284) is present in my sample (because previously seen with Sanger sequencing, KRAS is the oncogenic event in this kind of tumor). I aligned the fastq file with bwa after quality control e adapter trimmig. In my bam file I'm able to view the variant at genomic coordinate chr12:25398284 as you can see in the picture (IGV):

however GATK haplotypecaller doesn't call the variant anyway.
This is my basic command line:

java -Xmx4g -jar /opt/GenomeAnalysisTK-3.3-0/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T HaplotypeCaller -R human_g1k_v37.fasta -I my.bam -stand_call_conf 0 -stand_emit_conf 0 -o output.file

and I tryed to tune a a lot of parameter such as stand_call_conf; -stand_emit_conf; --heterozygosity; --min_base_quality_score and so on.

This is the pileup string of the chr12:25398284 coordinate in my bam file
12 25398284 C 55 ,,T.,,...,,,,,,T.......,t,t.....,,,t..,,,,,,,,,,,,.^],^],^],^], BB@ECAFCECBCBBB@DBCCCDDCABADBDBCCDD@BBEADDEDBCADBB@@BAC

The base quality is good and the mapping quality too, but the haplotypecaller does not determine any active region around the position

Any suggestion about the reason of misscalling??

Many thanks,