Happy holidays and see you next year!

Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Despite the conspicuous lack of snow in the Boston area, my calendar insists that it's time for our annual winter/holiday break, which sees (almost) the entire Broad shut down from December 24th to January 2nd (included). So, starting tonight (5 pm EST), the forum will be unattended until we resume normal service on Monday January 5th of the new year, 2015.

It's been a busy end of year and we didn't get to quite the end of our service queue, so I apologize to those of you who may still have pending questions or requests. The amount of people using our tools -- and the diversity of applications they're being used for (hello bizarre non-model organisms) -- just keep increasing, which is a source of great joy for us but also of significant challenges. We've got some changes coming that should help us meet that ever-growing demand more efficiently in future. In the meantime though, we're really grateful for the patience and trust that you have all been showing us as we figure out our way through this fairly new territory.

We've also got some big changes coming in terms of the GATK itself, so please stay tuned for an announcement (or series of announcements) early in the new year. It's hard not to spill the beans so I'm not even going to drop any hints, but I can tell you it's going to be really exciting ;)

With that, I'll leave you to your holiday preparations, because you couldn't possibly still be working, right? Why are you even reading this? Shoo, go away! Go make a snowman, play with your kids, call your folks to say hi, or something like that. We'll see you next year!

P.S. If you live in a part of the world where it's not a holiday season, um, sorry? But hey, the "go play with your kids/ call your folks to say hi" exhortation is applicable at any time of year, really.

Tagged:

Comments