Heads up:
We’re moving the GATK website, docs and forum to a new platform. Read the full story and breakdown of key changes on this blog.
Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.
Attention:
We will be out of the office for a Broad Institute event from Dec 10th to Dec 11th 2019. We will be back to monitor the GATK forum on Dec 12th 2019. In the meantime we encourage you to help out other community members with their queries.
Thank you for your patience!

Software licensing for departmental visitors

drvbdrvb United KingdomMember

Hello GATK team,

I'm the software manager at the University of Manchester in the UK. We have an installation of GATK 3 here on campus which we would like our academics' visitors and collaborators from other institutions to be able to access and use for work on their common projects. My reading of the GATK licence agreement is that the staff of our own institution are covered for use of the software but that their external collaborators are not, although we may run our external collaborators' data for them.

Would you be able to give us permission to extend the licence to cover the additional users? These are not casual visitors: they are involved in formal collaborations.

I'm happy to call or e-mail to discuss further.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

David Buckley
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester
United Kingdom

Best Answer

Answers