If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!
Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra
Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.
Release Notes for Oncotator version 1.3.0
Oncotator version 1.3.0 was released on July 24, 2014. This document lists the main changes that were made to the program. For more details about code changes, please see the source code on Github.
Addition of a new input format (SEG_FILE) and new output format (GENE_LIST)
The new format options are as follows:
- SEG_FILE is a list of segments to annotate
- GENE_LIST will produce a list of genes and the segment annotations.
GENE_LIST will produce results for different exons if a segment endpoint falls in a gene. If a segment endpoint falls in an exon, the exon is included. For example, "6+" indicates "exon 6 (0-based) and above are included in the segment".
Only the ENSEMBL (GENCODE) datasource annotates segments
Annotations included are:
- genes -- a list of genes in the segment
- start_gene -- the gene overlapping the start of a segment. Will be "" if start is IGR
- start_exon -- index of the exon overlapped by the start of the segment and whether all upstream or downstream exons (in the coding direction). 0-based indexing. For example, "6-" for a segment on a negative strand transcript with start overlapping the 6th exon (0-based indexing)
- end_gene -- the gene overlapping the end of a segment. Will be "" if end is IGR
- end_exon -- index of the exon overlapped by the end of the segment and whether all upstream or downstream exons (in the coding direction) overlap the segment. For example, "6+" for a segment on a negative strand transcript with end overlapping the 6th exon (0-based indexing)
If the input is SEG_FILE, only output formats of SIMPLE_TSV and GENE_LIST are supported.
- VCF is not supported yet (see issue #204 on Github).
- Cytoband annotation is not implemented yet.