To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

VQSR filter

Hi,

I have exome sequencing data on 90 samples, and my lab uses the VQSR filter to remove low quality variants. I was wondering if I should also perform a genotype-level filter by DP/GQ post this VQSR filtering step. Is there a protocol that is recommended, or some metrics I can look at to determine if such a step is required?

Thanks,
Shweta

Tagged:

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie

Hi @shwetaramdas‌,

We don't provide genotype-level filtering recommendations at this time, but we are working on developing some procedures to refine genotypes. We'll share them on the website as soon as they're ready for public use.

FYI, the PL values tend to be more useful and informative than GQ for assessing genotypes.