To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Bug in VariantRecalibrator

Hi there,

So for the SNV model in VariantRecalibrator, I was using QD, MQRankSum, ReadPosRankSum, FS for a little while and then decided to add MQ back in since I saw that BP was updated recently and that was back in for BP.

However; when I added MQ back in, and it went to train the negative model, it said it was training with 0 variants (same data set w/o using MQ in the model yielded ~30,000 variants to be used in the negative training model). I have attached a text file that has the base command line, followed by the log from the unsuccessful run and then followed by the successful run log. The version 3.1-1 and there are approx 700 exomes.

Kurt

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• KurtKurt Member

Sorry I know in the beginning of the attached file I have;

"Base command line, one time with QD and another w/o"

I meant to have;

"Base command line, one time with MQ and another w/o"

the logs for the runs in the body of the text do have the full command lines in them.

• KurtKurt Member

Ah, Thanks Geraldine. Good to know. I started to play with the LOD cut-off just to see if the distribution shifted so that somehow nothing fell below -5.

In any case, I'll go with taking out MQ from the SNV model and wait for the RF implementation in 3.2 :)

Thanks again,

Kurt