Hi GATK Users,

Happy Thanksgiving!
Our staff will be observing the holiday and will be unavailable from 22nd to 25th November. This will cause a delay in reaching out to you and answering your questions immediately. Rest assured we will get back to it on Monday November 26th. We are grateful for your support and patience.
Have a great holiday everyone!!!

Regards
GATK Staff

-allowPotentiallyMisencodedQuals flag did not work for BaseRecalibrator

-allowPotentiallyMisencodedQuals works well with IndelRealigner. But when using it with BaseRecalibrator, it still complains the extremely high quality scores.

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
##### ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 3.1-1-g07a4bf8): 
##### ERROR
#### ERROR MESSAGE: SAM/BAM file SAMFileReader{/data004/GIF_1/GIF_1/lwang/./bam/RIMMA0468_Andean.IndelRealigned.bam} appears to be using the wrong encoding for quality scores: we encountered an extremely high quality score (68) with BAQ correction factor of 4; please see the GATK --help documentation for options related to this error

Any suggestions? GATK version 3.1 is used here. Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• fernfern Member

Gotcha, I used the default arguments in BaseRecalibrator, did not know if the baq flag is off or not. By using the fixing the score flag, it gets working now.

Thanks!

Li

• huangjianhuangjian chinaMember

Hi,fern.I met same question when i run BaseRecalibrator. I add -fixMisencodedQuals into arguments then i got through this.But i m wondering if you deal with the question using the same argument.

• fernfern Member

@huangjian said:
    Hi,fern.I met same question when i run BaseRecalibrator. I add -fixMisencodedQuals into arguments then i got through this.But i m wondering if you deal with the question using the same argument.

yes, exactly