Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Unified genotyper with multi sample : SNPs alleles for each sample

Hi, using unified genotyper with multiple samples (different lines of Medicago truncatula showing polymorphism), I would like to get a file giving me, for each sample, the alleles at each SNP position (SNP positions identified for all samples). Is it possible? I didn't find any option for this, and it would be dificult to make SNP calling for each sample and then create a new file with all of them, because SNPs positions and number are different according to the samples.
Thanks in advance,

Vschilling

Comments

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Hi there,

I'm not sure I understand your question, but it sounds like you what you want is a multisample VCF file, which is the normal output of UnifiedGenotyper when you input multiple samples. Have you tried doing that, and if so, is the output not satisfactory?