Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Joining samples

Dear Support Team,

Thanks for making the GATK 2013 workshop available, those are great videos and answered most of my doubts regarding the use of your pipeline.
I have started analysing my data, but I have some doubts regarding my samples. At the moment I am running a pilot analysis, and I only have 2 samples (two different strains of the same organism). I got the files already demultiplexed from my Illumina sequencer and I have mapped them separately using BWA-MEM. I was planning to analyse them separately, probably using hard filtering.
Should I join the samples at some point? Or should I rather get the multiplexed file (I mean the file before demultiplexing) and then rely on PICARD tools to group the reads separately?

Thanks for your kind attention,
Max

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers