Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Running GATK-Queue in SLURM

Hi,

I am trying to run GATK-QUEUE in SLURM environment. But I couldn't find any instruction that shows how to run it. How can I run it in SLURM environment?

Thanks,
Mucahid

Best Answer

Answers

• mkutlumkutlu Member
    edited June 2013

I figured out how to do it in SLURM environment. Maybe it helps others.

1- slurm-drmaa should be downloaded.

2- PATH should be set: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH= YOUR_SLURM_DRMAA_LIB_PATH:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

3- jobRunner parameter should be set to Drmaa. Walltime can/should be set to a value(not sure if it is mandatory).
    java -Djava.io.tmpdir=tmp -jar queue.jar -S example.scala -I INPUT -R REFERENCE_FILE -jobRunner Drmaa --job_walltime SOME_NUMERIC_VALUE -run

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

Thanks for sharing your solution!

• medhatmedhat PolandMember

@mkutlu

java -Djava.io.tmpdir=tmp -jar queue.jar -S example.scala -I INPUT -R REFERENCE_FILE -jobRunner Drmaa --job_walltime SOME_NUMERIC_VALUE -run

what about number of cores, tasks and cpu shoukd it be stated in the command line or the shell script runed by sbatch?