The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get notifications!


You can opt in to receive email notifications, for example when your questions get answered or when there are new announcements, by following the instructions given here.

Got a problem?


1. Search using the upper-right search box, e.g. using the error message.
2. Try the latest version of tools.
3. Include tool and Java versions.
4. Tell us whether you are following GATK Best Practices.
5. Include relevant details, e.g. platform, DNA- or RNA-Seq, WES (+capture kit) or WGS (PCR-free or PCR+), paired- or single-end, read length, expected average coverage, somatic data, etc.
6. For tool errors, include the error stacktrace as well as the exact command.
7. For format issues, include the result of running ValidateSamFile for BAMs or ValidateVariants for VCFs.
8. For weird results, include an illustrative example, e.g. attach IGV screenshots according to Article#5484.
9. For a seeming variant that is uncalled, include results of following Article#1235.

Did we ask for a bug report?


Then follow instructions in Article#1894.

Formatting tip!


Wrap blocks of code, error messages and BAM/VCF snippets--especially content with hashes (#)--with lines with three backticks ( ``` ) each to make a code block as demonstrated here.

Jump to another community
Picard 2.10.2 is now available at https://github.com/broadinstitute/picard/releases.
GATK version 4.beta.2 (i.e. the second beta release) is out. See the GATK4 BETA page for download and details.

IndelRealign and baseRecalibration on a large whole genome sample

Hi,
I am doing some whole genome sequence on 2 samples in which each sample was run on 12 lanes of a SOLiD 5500 machine. These are at fairly high coverage of ~40x each. My plan was align each lane independently then merge all 12 lane for each sample into 1 large bam file, then do the post-processing. I did this and was able to do the indel realign on both samples but have been having trouble with the base recalibration step, in which when apply the base recalibration PrintReads crashes with an error saying that there is not enough memory available. I have tried changing the tmp directory that is used and any other trick that I have been able to find on the forum.

I was wondering if an alternate and suitable approach would be to perform all of the post-processing on each individual lane first, then merge all of the lanes together after that. Would doing that have any adverse affect on the downstream analysis, i.e snps, cnvs, translocations, etc.

Thanks

Answers

Sign In or Register to comment.