Complete this survey about your research needs and be entered to win an Amazon gift card or FireCloud credit.
Read more about it here!
Download the latest Picard release at https://github.com/broadinstitute/picard/releases.
GATK version 4.beta.6 is out. See the GATK4 beta page for download and details.

CNV length - by genome, by region

redzengenoistredzengenoist Member
edited April 2013 in Ask the GATK team

Hello Geraldine et al,

I've a question about CNV calling, which you might or might have an answer for. We're doing a case/control analysis on two cohorts, and one of the analyses we'd like to carry out is an examination of CNV length - one thing we want to do is analyse by genome (average site above/below average, say), and by region (same general idea).

While calling SNPs and indels seems straightforward enough with UG, I wonder if you have a best practice for calling CNV - or rather, a candidate for what might become an integrated best practice? Maybe I can even help with maturation/integration.

Thanks for your relentless work on the site, tools and community, this is the place to be.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• redzengenoistredzengenoist Member
    edited April 2013

I should have added one more important piece of information:

I am right now experimenting with XHMM. I am not yet sure whether it is the way to go, since it's a tool for highly covered target regions, while our data is low coverage WGS. We'd optimally like to do a very large number of regions, though a handful of target regions would be acceptable.

• I'll do that, thanks Geraldine.