The current GATK version is 3.7-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get notifications!

You can opt in to receive email notifications, for example when your questions get answered or when there are new announcements, by following the instructions given here.

Got a problem?

1. Search using the upper-right search box, e.g. using the error message.
2. Try the latest version of tools.
3. Include tool and Java versions.
4. Tell us whether you are following GATK Best Practices.
5. Include relevant details, e.g. platform, DNA- or RNA-Seq, WES (+capture kit) or WGS (PCR-free or PCR+), paired- or single-end, read length, expected average coverage, somatic data, etc.
6. For tool errors, include the error stacktrace as well as the exact command.
7. For format issues, include the result of running ValidateSamFile for BAMs or ValidateVariants for VCFs.
8. For weird results, include an illustrative example, e.g. attach IGV screenshots according to Article#5484.
9. For a seeming variant that is uncalled, include results of following Article#1235.

Did we ask for a bug report?

Then follow instructions in Article#1894.

Formatting tip!

Wrap blocks of code, error messages and BAM/VCF snippets--especially content with hashes (#)--with lines with three backticks ( ``` ) each to make a code block as demonstrated here.

Jump to another community
Picard 2.10.2 is now available at https://github.com/broadinstitute/picard/releases.
GATK version 4.beta.2 (i.e. the second beta release) is out. See the GATK4 BETA page for download and details.

Calling SNPS/indel by unified genotyper

Hi,

I was using GATK UnifiedGenotyper for SNPs/indels. My command is as follows:

java -Xmx16g -jar $gatkPath/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \
-T UnifiedGenotyper \
-R $humanRefSequence \
-I "$sampleID".recal.bam \
--dbsnp $humanDbsnpFile \
-stand_call_conf 30.0 \
-stand_emit_conf 10.0 \
-dcov 250 \
-l INFO -log "$sampleID".GATKvariants.log \
-o "$sampleID".GATKvariants.raw.vcf \
--output_mode EMIT_ALL_SITES

When I am selecting Indels from the vcf file, it's producing an empty vcf file (which is working fine with SNPs). My command for selecting Indels are as follows:

java -Xmx10g -jar $gatkPath/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \
-T SelectVariants \
-R $humanRefSequence \
--variant "$sampleID".GATKvariants.raw.vcf \
-o "$sampleID".GATKindels.raw.vcf \
-selectType INDEL \
-log "$sampleID".SelectIndels.log

Do I need to use "-glm BOTH" in UnifiedGenotyper to output both SNPs and Indels? As from the documentation, I understand that the default value of -glm is set to SNP.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi

I have 4 GATK recalibrated bamfiles for cow genomic sequences
    I call SNP for multiple bam files using GATK UnifiedGenotyper by following command

$java -Xmx100g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T UnifiedGenotyper -R umd3.1_genome.fa
    -I Sample_1_rcal.bam -I Sample_2_rcal.bam -I Sample_3_rcal.bam -I Sample_4_rcal.bam
    --dbsnp cow_dbsnp133_snps_indels.vcf -o snps.raw.vcf
    --min_base_quality_score 30 -stand_call_conf 50 – stand_emit_conf 10
    -dcov 200

I tried twice by rearranging the postion of input files, but each time I have output file with only 3 samples

I need help to overcome this problem

Thank you

• CarneiroCarneiro Charlestown, MAMember

maybe two of your files have the same sample tag in the read group?