We've moved!
This site is now read-only. You can find our new documentation site and support forum for posting questions here.
Be sure to read our welcome blog!

womtool validation error using new mitochondrial pipeline

jipvdinterjipvdinter NetherlandsMember
Hi,

I am currently modifying the M2 mitochondrial workflow WDLs to make them compatible with our local HPC. When I try to validate them using womtools v47, the program clears my version of AlignmentPipeline.wdl. However, the other two WDLs throw an error:

Failed to import AlignmentPipeline_myedit.wdl (reason 1 of 1): Failed to read task definition at line 71 column 6 (reason 1 of 1): Cannot mix leading whitespace characters in command ["\n", " "].

command used in windows CMD:

java -jar C:\path\womtool-47.jar validate D:\path\AlignAndCall_myedit.wdl

When I tried it with the original GATK WDL directly downloaded from github, it returns roughly the same error; failure to import due to mix of whitespace characters. Is that intended or might this be a bug in the womtools software?

Failed to import AlignmentPipeline.wdl (reason 1 of 2): Failed to read task definition at line 56 column 6 (reason 1 of 1): Cannot mix leading whitespace characters in command ["\n", " "].
Failed to import AlignmentPipeline.wdl (reason 1 of 2): Failed to read task definition at line 165 column 6 (reason 1 of 1): Cannot mix leading whitespace characters in command ["\n", " "].

kind regards,

Jip

WDL files:
https://github.com/broadinstitute/gatk/tree/master/scripts/mitochondria_m2_wdl

Answers