Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Why "InbreedingCoeff -must provide < 10 samples" warning is generated, when no. of samples is 29?

Dear GATK Team,

I tried performing joint calling for 29 samples from the genomicsDB datastore for the interval of complete chromosome 1.But got the following warning " WARN InbreedingCoeff - Annotation will not be calculated, must provide at least 10 samples". Even though my number of samples is 29, stil the warning is saying must provide atleast 10 samples.
Also,in the generated vcf file I have the inbreeding score calculated and mentioned. Then Why am I getting this warning? Is it something to worry about?

Thank you

Regards

Abhishek

Answers

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi @abhishekpanda ,
    This post explains that the "code throws this error when the tool does not count any sample where the genotype is null (./.) towards the sample count. So for your sites, those lacking the annotation will have fewer than ten genotypes." You shouldn't have to worry about this WARN. The team is working to resolve WARNs like this.