Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

hello,I am trying do snp calling for RNA-seq data ,when I do "Split'N'Trim",I get a trouble with it

zjwangzjwang ChinaMember
the code I ran as follow
gatk SplitNCigarReads \
-R /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/rice_index/all.con \
-I /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.bam \
-O /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.split.bam \
-RF ReassignOneMappingQuality \
-RMQF 255 -RMQT 60 \
-U ALLOW_N_CIGAR_READS

report an error 'Argument '[R, reference]' cannot be specified more than once', I hope to get your help. thank you .

Best Answers

Answers

• bhanuGandhambhanuGandham Cambridge MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

HI @zjwang

Can you please post the entire error log and the version of gatk you are using.

• zjwangzjwang ChinaMember
    HI @bhanuGandham
    thank you for your answer
    the version of gatk is ' 4.0.12.0-Java-1.8.0_92'
    the entire error log as follow:
    Using GATK jar /public/home/software/opt/bio/software/GATK/4.0.12.0-Java-1.8.0_92/gatk-package-4.0.12cal.jar
    Running:
    java -Dsamjdk.use_async_io_read_samtools=false -Dsamjdk.use_async_io_write_samtools=true -Dsamjdkasync_io_write_tribble=false -Dsamjdk.compression_level=2 -jar /public/home/software/opt/bio/software/4.0.12.0-Java-1.8.0_92/gatk-package-4.0.12.0-local.jar SplitNCigarReads -R /public/home/zjwang/rna-sce_index/all.con -I /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.bampublic/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.split.bam -RF ReassignOningQuality -RMQF 255 -RMQT 60
    USAGE: SplitNCigarReads [arguments]

A USER ERROR has occurred: Argument '[R, reference]' cannot be specified more than once.

Set the system property GATK_STACKTRACE_ON_USER_EXCEPTION (--java-options '-DGATK_STACKTRACE_ON_USER_TION=true') to print the stack trace

I guess it is a version update, the code and parameter have changed now. I hope I can get your advice.
  • Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

Maybe you had a typo when you originally ran the command? In your log the input looks pretty peculiar, no? It is missing -o between "bampublic" -I /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.bampublic/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.split.bam

@bhanuGandham :

gatk SplitNCigarReads -R /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/rice_index/all.con -I /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.bam -O /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.split.bam
    Using GATK jar /public/home/software/opt/bio/software/GATK/4.0.12.0-Java-1.8.0_92/gatk-package-4.0.12.0-local.jar
    Running:
    java -Dsamjdk.use_async_io_read_samtools=false -Dsamjdk.use_async_io_write_samtools=true -Dsamjdk.use_async_io_write_tribble=false -Dsamjdk.compression_level=2 -jar /public/home/software/opt/bio/software/GATK/4.0.12.0-Java-1.8.0_92/gatk-package-4.0.12.0-local.jar SplitNCigarReads -R /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/rice_index/all.con -I /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.bam -O /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/2018_WH/rna-seq_gatk/star_2pass/allign/YY-1.dedup.split.bam
    21:34:33.651 INFO NativeLibraryLoader - Loading libgkl_compression.so from jar:file:/public/home/software/opt/bio/software/GATK/4.0.12.0-Java-1.8.0_92/gatk-package-4.0.12.0-local.jar!/com/intel/gkl/native/libgkl_compression.so

21:34:35.387 INFO SplitNCigarReads - HTSJDK Version: 2.18.1
    21:34:35.387 INFO SplitNCigarReads - Picard Version: 2.18.16
    21:34:35.387 INFO SplitNCigarReads - HTSJDK Defaults.COMPRESSION_LEVEL : 2
    21:34:35.387 INFO SplitNCigarReads - HTSJDK Defaults.USE_ASYNC_IO_READ_FOR_SAMTOOLS : false
    21:34:35.387 INFO SplitNCigarReads - HTSJDK Defaults.USE_ASYNC_IO_WRITE_FOR_SAMTOOLS : true
    21:34:35.387 INFO SplitNCigarReads - HTSJDK Defaults.USE_ASYNC_IO_WRITE_FOR_TRIBBLE : false
    21:34:35.387 INFO SplitNCigarReads - Deflater: IntelDeflater
    21:34:35.388 INFO SplitNCigarReads - Inflater: IntelInflater
    21:34:35.388 INFO SplitNCigarReads - GCS max retries/reopens: 20
    21:34:35.388 INFO SplitNCigarReads - Requester pays: disabled
    21:34:35.388 INFO SplitNCigarReads - Initializing engine
    21:34:35.395 INFO SplitNCigarReads - Shutting down engine
    [August 20, 2019 9:34:35 PM CST] org.broadinstitute.hellbender.tools.walkers.rnaseq.SplitNCigarReads done. Elapsed time: 0.03 minutes.
    Runtime.totalMemory()=1423441920
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File is not a supported reference file type: /public/home/zjwang/rna-seq/rice_index/all.con
    at htsjdk.samtools.reference.ReferenceSequenceFileFactory.lambda$getFastaExtension$0(ReferenceSequenceFileFactory.java:249)

it can not work ,whether the reference has some trouble ?
    @bhanuGandham @mshand

extremely grateful ,I only change the name of 'all.con' into 'all.fasta'. and the content do not change. the problem has resolve.

thank you for your help