Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

How to select samples that are polymorphic on a specific locus from a joint genotyped vcf file?

Hi, I am trying to select the samples that are polymorphic on a specific locus from a joint genotyped vcf file using SelectVariants tool and JEXL expressions with no success. The command I am trying to use is:
gatk SelectVariants \ --reference "/home/hg19.fa" \ --variant "/home/recalibrated_snps_recalibrated_indels_VQSR.vcf" \ --select 'POS == '11240190'' \ --select 'vc.getGenotype().isHet()' \ --output "/home/isHet.vcf"
Selecting on the position alone seems to work fine, but I want only the samples that are Het for this exact position, any suggestions please?
Thanks in advance
Nawar

Answers