Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

run wld files in local cluster

jml96jml96 CambridgeMember

Hi,
I attended the GATK course in Cambridge (UK) and I am now adapting the 1-CNV_Somatic_Panel wdl files that I downloaded from github. I've changed cnv_common_tasks.wdl, cnv_somatic_panel_workflow.b37.inputs.json and cnv_somatic_panel_workflow.wdl to point out the directory to the bam files, reference and local gatk. When I run the following command in the server
java -jar .../cromwell-44.jar run .../cnv_somatic_panel_workflow.wdl --inputs .../gatk4-somatic-cnvs/cnv_somatic_panel_workflow.b37.inputs.json
I get the following error:
[2019-07-17 16:39:30,78] [error] WorkflowManagerActor Workflow bf30e28a-59cc-4f88-b969-02c020101526 failed (during ExecutingWorkflowState): Job CNVSomaticPanelWorkflow.PreprocessIntervals:NA:1 exited with return code -1 which has not been declared as a valid return code. See 'continueOnReturnCode' runtime attribute for more details.
Check the content of stderr for potential additional information: /rds-d3/user/jml96/hpc-work/test/cromwell-executions/CNVSomaticPanelWorkflow/bf30e28a-59cc-4f88-b969-02c020101526/call-PreprocessIntervals/execution/stderr.
Could not retrieve content: Could not read from /rds-d3/user/jml96/hpc-work/test/cromwell-executions/CNVSomaticPanelWorkflow/bf30e28a-59cc-4f88-b969-02c020101526/call-PreprocessIntervals/execution/stderr: /rds-d3/user/jml96/hpc-work/test/cromwell-executions/CNVSomaticPanelWorkflow/bf30e28a-59cc-4f88-b969-02c020101526/call-PreprocessIntervals/execution/stderr

I tried also to run it with singularity and I get exactly the same message.
Is somebody able to help me to solve this issue?
Thank you.

Regards,
João

Answers

• bshifawbshifaw Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

@jml96 ,

Happy that you are continuing with GATK after the workshop. The message above is indicating that there was an error with the workflow that you just ran
    Workflow bf30e28a-59cc-4f88-b969-02c020101526 failed (during ExecutingWorkflowState)
    and if you would like to know more check the the following file
    Check the content of stderr for potential additional information: /rds-d3/user/jml96/hpc-work/test/cromwell-executions/CNVSomaticPanelWorkflow/bf30e28a-59cc-4f88-b969-02c020101526/call-PreprocessIntervals/execution/stderr.

Please check the contents of the stderr file for a clearer error message from the workflow.

• jml96jml96 CambridgeMember

Hi,
    I saw this stderr error but didn't know either you to clear the error message.

/usr/bin/docker-current: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?.
    See '/usr/bin/docker-current run --help'.
    cat: /rds-d3/user/jml96/hpc-work/test/cromwell-executions/CNVSomaticPanelWorkflow/bf30e28a-59cc-4f88-b969-02c020101526/call-PreprocessIntervals/execution/docker_cid: No such file or directory
    "docker wait" requires at least 1 argument(s).
    See 'docker wait --help'.

Usage: docker wait CONTAINER [CONTAINER...]

Block until one or more containers stop, then print their exit codes
    cat: /rds-d3/user/jml96/hpc-work/test/cromwell-executions/CNVSomaticPanelWorkflow/bf30e28a-59cc-4f88-b969-02c020101526/call-PreprocessIntervals/execution/docker_cid: No such file or directory
    "docker rm" requires at least 1 argument(s).
    See 'docker rm --help'.

Usage: docker rm [OPTIONS] CONTAINER [CONTAINER...]

Remove one or more containers

Could you help me now?

Regards,
    João

• bshifawbshifaw Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

Looks like it's having trouble with docker.
    /usr/bin/docker-current: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?. See '/usr/bin/docker-current run --help'.

Can you confirm docker is installed and running on your machine?
    Try

sudo docker engine check
    docker ps