Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Alternate way to install GATK4, without using conda or the docker?

ngeraldngerald Member
edited June 21 in Ask the GATK team
I've run GATK4's CNV Detection Utilities on the docker through my local system before. I'm now trying to run it on my server. I followed the instructions on the '(How to) Install and use Conda for GATK4' page but unfortunately my server neither supports docker images nor conda installations.

Is there an another way I can get it running with all dependencies?-
- I already have GATK 4.1.2.0 installed on the server, but I can't run DetermineGermlineContigPloidy, GermlineCNVCaller and ostprocessGermlineCNVCalls without gcnvkernel installed.

- In particular I'm trying to get GATK with gcnvkernel installed

Answers

• bhanuGandhambhanuGandham Cambridge MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi @ngerald

Another way you can work around conda and docker is by manually installing all the libraries in gatkPythonPackageArchive.zip that comes with the GATK 4.1.2.0 zip file.

• bhanuGandhambhanuGandham Cambridge MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin
    edited June 25

We tried something similar on our end using pip install when we couldn't used docker or conda. Take a look at this shell script: gs://gatk-tutorials/scripts/install_gatk_4110_with_condaenv.sh