Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

GenomicsDBImport problem to use more than one chromosome as intervals

I Have mapped and called gvcf files with HaplotypeCaller using a genome which chromosomes are defined with ncbi type numbers, i.e., NC_018723.3. When using GenomicsDBImport then, if I use as interval a single chromosome using -L NC_018723.3 the programs runs as expected, but if I specify more than one chromosome using the recommended syntax: -L NC_018723.3,NC_018724.3 then I receive the following error message:
A USER ERROR has occurred: Badly formed genome unclippedLoc: Query interval "NC_018723.3,NC_018724.3" is not valid for this input
How can I specify several chromosomes as intervals when they are named in this way? I tied single quotes but it gave the same error message?
Thanks
Thierry

Best Answer

Answers