Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

--intervals input in GenomicsDBImport for non model de novo genome

Dear gatk team,

I tried searching for the answer in existing threads, but could not find a definitive answer, but I am sorry if you have already answered this question! I have followed the gatk best practices for 'germline short variant discovery' and have just finished running HaplotypeCaller in GVCF mode. So far everything has worked well! I have ~150 SNP array samples (5K SNP array, from 150 individuals) that were aligned to a non-model de novo genome (~15000 scaffolds), and now have ~150 g.vcf files that I am hoping to combine using GenomicsDBImport. However, I am very unsure of the value I need to enter for the --intervals argument, as I do not have "known" chromosomes at this stage. How do I generate an interval list for a de novo genome?

Any help will be appreciated,
Many thanks to anyone who helps and kind regards,
-RG

Answers