Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

[GATK-4.1.2.0] FastaAlternateReferenceMaker - error "the input sequence contains invalid base calls"

Hi,

I want to make a 'pseudogenome or alternate fasta' using a VCF file generated using GATk-HC followed by HardFiltering and annotation using SNPeff. I do not find any issues when I use the 'FastaAlternateReferenceMaker' with a small interval mentioned to test if the program is behaving the way it should be and it is. Now when I apply it to the whole genome, I get the "the input sequence contains invalid base calls" error. I see that the issue is with the 'Reference' fasta file, am I right? If yes, I am not exactly sure what the problem is. I tried it with intervals that has some 'N' as well, apart from 'ACGT' and it works fine as well in small intervals. Grape genome that I am using: http://www.genoscope.cns.fr/externe/Download/Projets/Projet_ML/data/12X/assembly/goldenpath/unmasked/

Can you please help me in finding out how to solve this? Please find the attached file for complete error note.

Thank you.
Sumanth

Answers