Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Mutect2 files from TCGA - FORMAT tag [QSS] expected different number of values (expected 1, found 2)

Hi,

I am trying to run vcf-validator (vcftools) on some VCF files I obtained from TCGA. These files are tumor-normal vcf files called using Mutect2. When I try and run vcf validator I get an error:

------------------------
Summary:
6220 errors total

6220 .. column NORMAL at chr1:14677 .. FORMAT tag [QSS] expected different number of values (expected 1, found 2)

Any ideas on what is wrong and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• davidbendavidben BostonMember, Broadie, Dev ✭✭✭

@alcam1 Any Mutect2 vcf with the QSS annotation is from a very old, unsupported version. More recent releases produce valid VCFs.

• alcam1alcam1 Member
    > @davidben said:
    > @alcam1 Any Mutect2 vcf with the QSS annotation is from a very old, unsupported version. More recent releases produce valid VCFs.

Ok thank you. The VCF files I have were directly downloaded from TCGA though, is there any way around this apart from getting the BAM files and calling the variants again?
  • davidbendavidben BostonMember, Broadie, Dev ✭✭✭

Hmmm, is there a VCF header line for QSS that says it has one value? If so maybe switching the "1" to a "2" would work.