Holiday Notice:
The Frontline Support team will be offline February 18 for President's Day but will be back February 19th. Thank you for your patience as we get to all of your questions!

all mutations in tumor filtered out as 'artifact_in_normal'

Hello

I am trying to run mutect2-gatk4 (Snapshot 13) with the parameters set as in the featured "help-gatk/Somatic-SNVs-Indels-GATK4" firecloud-workspace (including "run_orientation_bias_filter" set as "False") on a previously published WGS cohort of tumor/normal pairs (Bender, Sebastian, et al. Nature medicine (2016)). To create the PON, I used the "mutect2_pon" method from the same workspace.

In the resulting vcf files all mutations found are filtered out as 'artifact_in_normal'. I also tried to run the same method in tumor-only mode on the normals and tumors separately (with a PON created from WGS normals of a different cohort) and I do get a number of different mutations between the tumor and it's paired normal. Do you know what's going on? Is this a format issue, another filter I should deactivate or something else I'm missing?

Thanks,
F

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers