Attention:
The frontline support team will be unavailable to answer questions until May27th 2019. We will be back soon after. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience!

how can I get germline-resource file for Mutect 2

Hi team,
I am running Mutect 2 on mouse data, may I ask how can I get these two files for my data?
1. the input .vcf file for --germline-resource (eg. resources/chr17_af-only-gnomad_grch38.vcf.gz)
2. the input .vcf file for GetPileupSummaries -V (eg. resources/chr17_small_exac_common_3_grch38.vcf.gz)

Thanks for any of your kind help!

Answers

• Thanks for your kind help @manba , but my data is mouse data, I think the google cloud only has the human vcf file
  • bshifawbshifaw moonMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi Claire,

I'm checking up on this now.

• bshifawbshifaw moonMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

@claire1011

We don't provide non-human resource bundles, you will have to find or create equivalent mouse resource files.
    You may find the Mutect2 tutorial useful, it describes a bit of the resources you mentioned above.
    --germline-resource : "Annotate variant alleles by specifying a population germline resource with --germline-resource. The germline resource must contain allele-specific frequencies, i.e. it must contain the AF annotation in the INFO field [4]. The tool annotates variant alleles with the population allele frequencies. "
    GetPileupSummaries -V : "Use a population germline resource containing only common biallelic variants, e.g. subset by using SelectVariants --restrict-alleles-to BIALLELIC, as well as population AF allele frequencies in the INFO field. The tool tabulates read counts that support reference, alternate and other alleles for the sites in the resource."

• MT_badrMT_badr Member
    > @claire1011 said:
    > Hi team,
    > I am running Mutect 2 on mouse data, may I ask how can I get these two files for my data?
    > 1. the input .vcf file for --germline-resource (eg. resources/chr17_af-only-gnomad_grch38.vcf.gz)
    > 2. the input .vcf file for GetPileupSummaries -V (eg. resources/chr17_small_exac_common_3_grch38.vcf.gz)
    >
    > Thanks for any of your kind help!

Hi Claire, i am facing the same problem with my mouse data right now, did you manage to find any useful germline resource with AF for mice to be used with Mutec2 ?