The current GATK version is 3.8-0
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get notifications!


You can opt in to receive email notifications, for example when your questions get answered or when there are new announcements, by following the instructions given here.

Got a problem?


1. Search using the upper-right search box, e.g. using the error message.
2. Try the latest version of tools.
3. Include tool and Java versions.
4. Tell us whether you are following GATK Best Practices.
5. Include relevant details, e.g. platform, DNA- or RNA-Seq, WES (+capture kit) or WGS (PCR-free or PCR+), paired- or single-end, read length, expected average coverage, somatic data, etc.
6. For tool errors, include the error stacktrace as well as the exact command.
7. For format issues, include the result of running ValidateSamFile for BAMs or ValidateVariants for VCFs.
8. For weird results, include an illustrative example, e.g. attach IGV screenshots according to Article#5484.
9. For a seeming variant that is uncalled, include results of following Article#1235.

Did we ask for a bug report?


Then follow instructions in Article#1894.

Formatting tip!


Wrap blocks of code, error messages and BAM/VCF snippets--especially content with hashes (#)--with lines with three backticks ( ``` ) each to make a code block as demonstrated here.

Jump to another community
Download the latest Picard release at https://github.com/broadinstitute/picard/releases.
GATK version 4.beta.3 (i.e. the third beta release) is out. See the GATK4 beta page for download and details.

Weird multi-sample [119] exome VQSR tranche plot

rkanwarrkanwar Member
edited January 2013 in Ask the GATK team

Hello,

I am trying to run GATK on a sample of 119 exomes. I followed the GATK guidelines to process the fastq files. I used the following parameters to call the UnifiedGenotyper and VQSR [for SNPs]:

UnifiedGenotyper

-T UnifiedGenotyper 
--output_mode EMIT_VARIANTS_ONLY 
--min_base_quality_score 30 
--max_alternate_alleles 5 
-glm SNP 

VQSR

-resource:hapmap,known=false,training=true,truth=true,prior=15.0 /media/transcription/cipn/5.pt/ref/hapmap_3.3.hg19.sites.vcf 
-resource:omni,known=false,training=true,truth=false,prior=12.0 /media/transcription/cipn/5.pt/ref/1000G_omni2.5.hg19.sites.vcf 
-resource:dbsnp,known=true,training=false,truth=false,prior=6.0 /media/transcription/cipn/5.pt/ref/dbsnp_135.hg19.vcf.gz 
-an QD -an HaplotypeScore -an MQRankSum -an ReadPosRankSum -an FS -an MQ -an InbreedingCoeff 
-mode SNP 

I get a tranche plot, which does not look OK. The "Number of Novel Variants [1000s]" goes from -400 to 800 and the Ti/Tv ratio varies from 0.633 to 0.782 [the attach file link is not working for me and am unable to upload the plot]. Any suggestion to rectify this would be very helpful !

cheers,
Rahul

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on

Comments

Sign In or Register to comment.