Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

Java NumberFormatException?

KOOLKATKOOLKAT Member
edited October 2012 in Ask the GATK team

I am working on calling snps from raw fastq files. I use GATK as part of my pipeline and I found it great.
While I was working on some other files, this error occured.(from RealignerTargetCreater)

INFO 21:12:03,374 TraversalEngine - 3:40841007 5.33e+08 9.0 m 1.0 s 17.2% 52.4 m 43.4 m
INFO 21:12:33,270 GATKRunReport - Uploaded run statistics report to AWS S3

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR stack trace

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "6451478"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:481)
at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:570)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.codecs.vcf.AbstractVCFCodec.parseVCFLine(AbstractVCFCodec.java:316)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.codecs.vcf.AbstractVCFCodec.decode(AbstractVCFCodec.java:287)
at org.broad.tribble.source.BasicFeatureSource$IteratorImpl.readNextRecord(BasicFeatureSource.java:296)
at org.broad.tribble.source.BasicFeatureSource$IteratorImpl.next(BasicFeatureSource.java:346)
at org.broad.tribble.source.BasicFeatureSource$IteratorImpl.next(BasicFeatureSource.java:251)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.refdata.utils.FeatureToGATKFeatureIterator.next(FeatureToGATKFeatureIterator.java:58)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.refdata.utils.FeatureToGATKFeatureIterator.next(FeatureToGATKFeatureIterator.java:40)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.iterators.PushbackIterator.next(PushbackIterator.java:49)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.refdata.SeekableRODIterator.seekForward(SeekableRODIterator.java:331)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.datasources.providers.ManagingReferenceOrderedView.getReferenceOrderedDataAtLocus(ManagingReferenceOrderedView.java:59)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseLoci.traverse(TraverseLoci.java:74)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.traversals.TraverseLoci.traverse(TraverseLoci.java:18)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.executive.LinearMicroScheduler.execute(LinearMicroScheduler.java:63)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.GenomeAnalysisEngine.execute(GenomeAnalysisEngine.java:248)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineExecutable.execute(CommandLineExecutable.java:113)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:236)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.start(CommandLineProgram.java:146)
at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineGATK.main(CommandLineGATK.java:92)

ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR A GATK RUNTIME ERROR has occurred (version 1.6-11-g3b2fab9):
ERROR
ERROR Please visit the wiki to see if this is a known problem
ERROR If not, please post the error, with stack trace, to the GATK forum
ERROR Visit our wiki for extensive documentation http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/wiki
ERROR Visit our forum to view answers to commonly asked questions http://getsatisfaction.com/gsa
ERROR
ERROR MESSAGE: For input string: "6451478"

I believe it is some kind of input error, but still I can't figure out what is problem.
Any idea?

Answers