Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

How can i use the optional tool; OUTPUT_VCF?

NobuhikoNobuhiko Member
edited September 2018 in Ask the GATK team

Dear,

How can i use the optional tool; OUTPUT_VCF?
I saw https://software.broadinstitute.org/gatk/documentation/tooldocs/4.0.5.0/picard_vcf_GenotypeConcordance.php.
I entered below command.
However, i couldn't get the VCF.file. I could get only three files; oncordance_contingency_metrics, oncordance_detail_metrics, oncordance_summary_metrics.

java -jar picard.jar GenotypeConcordance \
CALL_VCF=input.vcf \
CALL_SAMPLE=sample01 \
O=concordance.vcf \
TRUTH_VCF=Ref.vcf \
TRUTH_SAMPLE=sample02 \
OUTPUT_VCF=output.vcf

How can i get the VCF file?
Thank you.

Best Answers

Answers

• Dear Daniel.

Thanks for answering me. I was able to do it with your help.
    Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
    Nobuhiko

• Dear,

I could get "concordance.vcf" file, but it contained only chr1 and chr2 data.
    What's happened? And how can I get all the data.
    Thank you.

Best Regard,
    Nobuhiko

java -jar picard.jar GenotypeConcordance \TRUTH_VCF=sample1.vcf \TRUTH_SAMPLE=sample1 \CALL_VCF=sample2.vcf \CALL_SAMPLE=sample2 \O=concordance.vcf \OUTPUT_VCF=true

~~
    INFO 2018-09-28 14:58:00 GenotypeConcordance checked 660,000 variants. Elapsed time: 00:00:39s. Time for last 10,000: 0s. Last read position: chr2:168,888,882

[Fri Sep 28 14:58:00 JST 2018] picard.vcf.GenotypeConcordance done. Elapsed time: 0.64 minutes.
    Runtime.totalMemory()=145227776
    To get help, see http://broadinstitute.github.io/picard/index.html#GettingHelp
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Features added out of order: previous (TabixFeature{referenceIndex=1, start=170702011, end=170702011, featureStartFilePosition=1626752176963, featureEndFilePosition=-1}) > next (TabixFeature{referenceIndex=1, start=170702008, end=170702011, featureStartFilePosition=1626752177151, featureEndFilePosition=-1})
    at htsjdk.tribble.index.tabix.TabixIndexCreator.addFeature(TabixIndexCreator.java:89)
    at htsjdk.variant.variantcontext.writer.IndexingVariantContextWriter.add(IndexingVariantContextWriter.java:203)
    at htsjdk.variant.variantcontext.writer.VCFWriter.add(VCFWriter.java:240)
    at picard.vcf.GenotypeConcordance.writeVcfTuple(GenotypeConcordance.java:527)
    at picard.vcf.GenotypeConcordance.lambda$doWork$0(GenotypeConcordance.java:396)
    at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Optional.java:159)
    at picard.vcf.GenotypeConcordance.doWork(GenotypeConcordance.java:396)
    at picard.cmdline.CommandLineProgram.instanceMain(CommandLineProgram.java:295)
    at picard.cmdline.PicardCommandLine.instanceMain(PicardCommandLine.java:103)
    at picard.cmdline.PicardCommandLine.main(PicardCommandLine.java:113)

• NobuhikoNobuhiko Member
    Accepted Answer
    Dear,

Sorry for not replying for a long time.
    I'm really thankful to you. I managed to do it.

I really appreciate your help.

Best Regars,
    Nobuhiko
  • bhanuGandhambhanuGandham Cambridge MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

@Nobuhiko

I am glad you were able to figure it out. If possible please post your solution so that the community can benefit from it too.