Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We encourage our fourm members to be more involved, jump in and help out your fellow researchers with their questions. GATK forum is a community forum and helping each other with using GATK tools and research is the cornerstone of our success as a genomics research community.We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

BaseRecalibrator warning - IndexDictionaryUtils

srdjansrdjan belgiumMember

Hello,

I am working on a somatic pipeline (GATK 3.8, precisely 3.8-0-ge9d806836 ) and when running the following command:

java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T BaseRecalibrator -R /ref/hg19.fa -I /mnt/6_realigned.bam -knownSites /genomes/dbsnp_138.hg19.vcf.gz -o /mnt/6_realigned.table -nct 8

I get this error:

Done. There were 1 WARN messages, the first 1 are repeated below.
WARN 15:27:06,646 IndexDictionaryUtils - Track knownSites doesn't have a sequence dictionary built in, skipping dictionary validation.

I looked around the forum and it said the file should be properly BGzipped and tabix indexed.

To make sure I unzipped the file, ran bgzip and tabix without any issues, getting dbsnp_138.hg19.vcf.gz.tbi .
Both dbsnp and its tbi are in the same folder.

Should I ignore this warning? What can I do to avoid it?

Srdjan

Best Answer

Answers