Notice:
If you happen to see a question you know the answer to, please do chime in and help your fellow community members. We appreciate your help!

Test-drive the GATK tools and Best Practices pipelines on Terra

Check out this blog post to learn how you can get started with GATK and try out the pipelines in preconfigured workspaces (with a user-friendly interface!) without having to install anything.

MQ for non-variant positions

Hello,

I need to filter both my variant and non-variant sites for calculation of window-based genetic diversity.

I am going to use the non-variant blocks in gvcf to filter the non-variant sites for coverage and genotype likelihood. However, I am filtering the variant sites also for MQ. To keep things comparable, I'd like to filter the non-variant sites for MQ as well, however, MQ is not reported in gvcf blocks.

Is there a way to get MQ for non-variant positions in gvcf? Or does MQ counted in the calculation of GQ for non-variant sites?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• HomaHoma Member

@Sheila

Hi,

BP_RESOLUTION does not give MQ for non-variant sites. What I think I will use now is getting the callable/uncallable sites annotations with "Low mapping quality" so I can at least filter sites for mapping qualities in a more general way.

Thanks,
    Homa