Attention:
The frontline support team will be unavailable to answer questions until May27th 2019. We will be back soon after. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience!

GATK4 on exome seqeunecing

Hello

I am interested in using the WDL pipeline available in the GATK workflow github to run GATK4 an exome data, and I have a few questions:

1. I have noticed that the notes regarding gatk4-germline-snps-indels pipeline states that it has not been tested on exome data. Is there some pipeline that is most suitable for WES data ?

2. I understand (as explained here) that I need to adjust the interval list. Can I simply pass a bed file with the relevant exome's kit target regions as the scattered_calling_intervals_list argument of the workflow or is there another way to do this ?

3. Are then any other adjustments that I should consider in light the fact that I'm analysing exome data? I have looked at this thread: https://gatkforums.broadinstitute.org/gatk/discussion/6894/gatk-best-practices-for-exome-targeted-capture-small-region but it is a little bit old (that is, pre-GATK4). Are them some consideration specific to GATK4 that I should be aware of ?

Thanks in advance

Best Answers

• dolevrdolevr
    Accepted Answer

Answers

• dolevrdolevr Member
    Accepted Answer