Complete this survey about your research needs and be entered to win an Amazon gift card or FireCloud credit.
Read more about it here!
Download the latest Picard release at https://github.com/broadinstitute/picard/releases.
GATK version 4.beta.6 is out. See the GATK4 beta page for download and details.

Using GATK as a library

deechdeech Member
edited July 2012 in Ask the GATK team

Hi all,
We are using GATK as part of our internal pipelines written in Java. Currently we are making command-line calls to the GenomeAnalysisTk jar, but this generated intermediate files and it would be better if we could just directly call the relevant functions in the target and hold the results in memory. Reading the source it is not immediately obvious so I was hoping for some guidance. As an example of a how we use it as part of our pipeline:
java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T RealignerTargetCreator -R -I -o
java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T IndelRealigner -R -targetIntervals -I --o <realigned.ban>

Thanks!
-deech

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie

Hi there,

I'm afraid that's not currently possible, so we can't help you with this. You can always try posting in the "Ask the community" category and see if someone out there can think of a way to implement that functionality. If so we'd love to hear about it!