Holiday Notice:
The Frontline Support team will be offline February 18 for President's Day but will be back February 19th. Thank you for your patience as we get to all of your questions!

Deviations from Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium

shinkenshinken IrapuatoMember

Hi,

I have a mix of heterozygous (3 samples) and inbreed samples (5 samples). I am wondering how could affect to make the SNP calling without taking into account deviations from Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium. How could I take into account these using GATK?

Best Wishes,

Eric

Best Answer

Answers

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

@shinken
    Hi Eric,

What exactly is your end goal? If you use joint-genotyping, the genotypes will not be affected. The only annotations I can think of that would be affected are InbreedingCoeff and ExcessHet.

-Sheila

• shinkenshinken IrapuatoMember

ok,

The problem that I am having is a very low SNP calling in inbred lines that are also low coverage lines (4x). I was wondering if the problem could be, in addition to the low coverage, the filters about deviations from the HW equilibrium.

I am calling this SNPs together with heterozygous samples (30x coverage) and I am not having problems with those ones. Do you think that the only problem is the coverage? Maybe sounds silly but using other programs such as ANGSD to obtain the genotypes I am not having this really low SNP calling in the low-coverage samples. So, I am trying to figure out what is happening.

Thank you.