Holiday Notice:
The Frontline Support team will be slow to respond December 17-18 due to an institute-wide retreat and offline December 22- January 1, while the institute is closed. Thank you for your patience during these next few weeks. Happy Holidays!

error in Mutect2 when using dbsnp?

etcetc Member
edited February 16 in Ask the GATK team

I am running Mutect2 with various options. Most options are running as expected, but when using the --dbsnp version I am now seeing an error:
A USER ERROR has occurred: dbsnp is not a recognized option

In the resulting error log, --dbsnp does not appear among the list of recognized arguments. In the online tool documentation, however, it is listed as a valid option (https://software.broadinstitute.org/gatk/documentation/tooldocs/current/org_broadinstitute_hellbender_tools_walkers_mutect_Mutect2.php#--dbsnp)
I am using the GATK docker image with GATK version 4.0.1.2

gatk-4.beta.5 (local) jar accepts the --dbsnp option as valid.
Please advise.

Best Answer

Answers

• BegaliBegali GermanyMember
    edited August 7

Hi @shlee

I am trying to use
    /Downloads/gatk-4.0.6.0/gatk --java-options "-Xmx2g" Mutect2 -R hg38.fa -I recal109_17.bam -tumor 109_17 --germline_resource somatic-hg38_af-only-gnomad.hg38.vcf.gz --normal_panel somatic-hg38_1000g_pon.hg38.vcf.gz -L intervals.list -O tumor_unmatched_m2_snvs_indels109_17java.vcf

it provides me also the same error even if I am using GATK4 Mutect2
    A USER ERROR has occurred: germline_resource is not a recognized option

thanks in advance

Post edited by Begali on
  • BegaliBegali GermanyMember

Hi @shlee
    :smile:
    I fix it was my mistak it is --germline-resource not --germline_resource
    -pon not --normal_panel
    resources_broad_hg38_v0_wgs_calling_regions.hg38.interval_list not intervals.list

sorry