To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Input files reference and features have incompatible contigs

Hi
I am very new to GATK. i read the paper Curr Protoc Bioinformatics. ; 11(1110): 11.10.1–11.10.33. doi:10.1002/0471250953.bi1110s43 and best practices guide. i want to run whole exom analysis to find high confidence SNP and indels .I am stuck at the BQSR analysis step ( BaseRecalibrator). it shows the error message
Input files reference and features have incompatible contigs: No overlapping contigs found.

i did following steps
1. Download the genome file hg38.fa.gz from UCSC genome.
2.Indexing the reference genome : bwa index hg38.fa
3.Create fasta file index : samtools faidx hg38.fa
5. Create sequence dictionary by java -jar picard.jar CreateSequenceDictionary REFERENCE=hg38.fa OUTPUT=hg38.dict
6. mapping the data to reference : bwa mem -R '@RG\tID:group1\tSM:sample1\tPL:illumina\tLB:lib1\tPU:unit1' -p hg38.fa R1.fastq R2.fastq > aligned_reads.sam
7. sort my align reads: java -jar picard.jar SortSam INPUT=aligned_reads.sam OUTPUT=sorted_reads.bam SORT_ORDER=coordinate
8. marking duplicates : java -jar picard.jar MarkDuplicates INPUT=sorted_reads.bam OUTPUT=dedup_reads.bam METRICS_FILE=metrics.txt
9. index my markduplicate file : java -jar picard.jar BuildBamIndex INPUT=dedup_reads.bam
10. Download dbSNP from this ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/snp/organisms/human_9606_b149_GRCh38p7/VCF/00-All.vcf.gz
11. Download indels from ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1/ftp/technical/reference/GRCh38_reference_genome/other_mapping_resources/Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard.indels.b38.primary_assembly.vcf.gz
12. Run the BaseRecalibrator : java -jar gatk-package-4.0.0.0-local.jar BaseRecalibrator -R hg38.fa -I dedup_reads.bam --known-sites SNP_00-All_GRCh38.vcf --known-sites Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard_indels.vcf -O recal_data.table
it shows the error message to index the SNP_00-All_GRCh38.vcf and indel file
13.i index the file by running this command : java -jar gatk-package-4.0.0.0-local.jar IndexFeatureFile -F SNP_00-All_GRCh38.vcf and java -jar gatk-package-4.0.0.0-local.jar IndexFeatureFile -F Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard_indels.vcf

1. After index, again i run the BaseRecalibrator : java -jar gatk-package-4.0.0.0-local.jar BaseRecalibrator -R hg38.fa -I dedup_reads.bam --known-sites SNP_00-All_GRCh38.vcf --known-sites Mills_and_1000G_gold_standard_indels.vcf -O recal_data.table

it shows the error " A USER ERROR has occurred: Input files reference and features have incompatible contigs: No overlapping contigs found."

Please help me to solve the problem

Best Answer

Answers