To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

GATK - 4.0.0.0 [BaseRecalibratorSpark low performance]

Dear GATK_team, I'd like to run Spark-enabled GATK tools on a Spark cluster. Precisely I am launching a Spark cluster in the standalone mode submitting the BaseRecalibratorSpark application via Slurm. Before the official release, I was running the gatk-4.beta.6-17 version, with the following allocated resources, and the following command line for the Spark arguments: ./gatk-launch BaseRecalibratorSpark \ --sparkRunner SPARK --sparkMaster spark://${MASTER} --driver-memory 80g --num-executors 16 --executor-memory 8g. The speed-up achieved was 3.79 min. However, with the official release GATK-4.0.0.0, with the same datafiles and the same Spark arguments I don't see the same nice speed-up anymore (~ 40 min). Am I missing something with the new version? Or with the invoking command line? Thanks in advance for your time and kind answer. Best, Giuseppe

Issue · Github
by Sheila

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Assignee
Array
Closed By
chandrans

Answers