To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

StructuralVariationDiscoveryPipelineSpark Documentation

The StructuralVariationDiscoveryPipelineSpark requires the parameter --contig-sam-file.

However, there is no description of the parameter in the input and the example code.

Inputs

• An input file of aligned reads.
  • The reference to which the reads have been aligned.
  • A BWA index image for the reference. You can use BwaMemIndexImageCreator to create the index image file.
  • A list of ubiquitous kmers to ignore. You can use FindBadGenomicGenomicKmersSpark to create the list of kmers to ignore.

Usage example
gatk StructuralVariationDiscoveryPipelineSpark \
-I input_reads.bam \
-R reference.2bit \
--aligner-index-image reference.img \
--kmers-to-ignore ignored_kmers.txt \
-O structural_variants.vcf

In the parameter listing, there is this.

--contig-sam-file sam file for aligned contigs

Could more details on this parameter be made available? How is the file generated and its format/contents?

Best Answer

Answers

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator

@jfarrell
    Hi,

Unfortunately, since the tool is still in beta, we don't have much more documentation. I will see if I can find out more about the --contig-sam-file for you.

-Sheila