On Monday and Tuesday, November 12-13, the communications team will be out of the office for a U.S. federal holiday and a team event. We will be back in action on November 14th and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for using the forum.

HaplotypeCaller error in the middle of processing

I run the GATK4 using this command:

GATK4 HaplotypeCaller \
-I ${input_file}\
-R umd_3_1.fa \
-L ~/helper/location.bed \
-O ${file_name}.gatk4.g.vcf.gz \
-ERC GVCF \

And got error as follow:

16:42:14.507 WARN DepthPerSampleHC - Annotation will not be calculated, genotype is not called or alleleLikelihoodMap is null
16:42:14.507 WARN StrandBiasBySample - Annotation will not be calculated, genotype is not called or alleleLikelihoodMap is null
16:42:55.522 INFO HaplotypeCaller - Shutting down engine
[January 12, 2018 4:42:55 PM CET] org.broadinstitute.hellbender.tools.walkers.haplotypecaller.HaplotypeCaller done. Elapsed time: 63.53 minutes.
Runtime.totalMemory()=12507938816
htsjdk.samtools.util.RuntimeIOException: Unable to close index for /cluster/scratch/cdanang/BSWCHEM110280223340.gatk4.g.vcf.gz

I was running previously on the smaller chromosomes using the same script and it worked. Anyone has any ideas how to resolve the problem?
I notice that the GVCF is produced but stopped (not finished) on all regions indicated in -L.

Best Answer

Answers