To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

SelectVariants error

niuguohaoniuguohao Member
edited December 2017 in Ask the GATK team

I`m calling SNP by haplotype caller,and i got vcf document for each sample. After that , i use selectvariant to select variants of SNP . But i got this error:

##### ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
##### ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 3.8-0-ge9d806836): 
##### ERROR
##### ERROR This means that one or more arguments or inputs in your command are incorrect.
##### ERROR The error message below tells you what is the problem.
##### ERROR
##### ERROR If the problem is an invalid argument, please check the online documentation guide
##### ERROR (or rerun your command with --help) to view allowable command-line arguments for this tool.
##### ERROR
##### ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to 
##### ERROR commonly asked questions https://software.broadinstitute.org/gatk
##### ERROR
##### ERROR Please do NOT post this error to the GATK forum unless you have really tried to fix it yourself.
##### ERROR
##### ERROR MESSAGE: Line 33910: there aren't enough columns for line  (we expected 9 tokens, and saw 1 ), for input source: /home/gaotiangang/niuguohao/1204recall/50/BQSRc/seq164.raw.c.vcf

The 33910 line is:

DF384195.1  374 .   G   A   243.77  .   AC=1;AF=0.500;AN=2;BaseQRankSum=2.100;ClippingRankSum=0.000;DP=95;ExcessHet=3.0103;FS=6.236;MLEAC=1;MLEAF=0.500;MQ=40.68;MQRankSum=-2.037;QD=7.62;ReadPosRankSum=1.274;SOR=2.712    GT:AD:DP:GQ:PL  0/1:18,14:32:99:272,0,411

I don't think there is any thing wrong with this line for the lines before it look the same.
Only part of the samples' vcf documents have this error . But i didn't find the difference between them.

Anyone coule help me ?
Many thanks!

Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on

Best Answers

Answers