To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

MuTect2 ->Reference name for '1283' not found in sequence dictionary

t1000t1000 Member
edited November 2017 in Ask the GATK team

Hi, I am trying to run
java -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T MuTect2 -R ucsc.hg19.fasta -I:tumor tumor_rg.bam -I:normal normal_rg.bam -o output.vcf

I am using ucsc.hg19.fasta as a reference and I used:
1. samtools faidx to create the ucsc.hg19.fasta.fai file
2. java -jar picard.jar CreateSequenceDictionary REFERENCE=ucsc.hg19.fasta OUTPUT=ucsc.hg19.fasta.dict

I added a ReadGroup to my two BAM Files:
java -jar picard.jar AddOrReplaceReadGroups I=normal.bam O=normal_rg.bam RGID=4 RGLB=lib1 RGPL=illumina RGPU=unit1 RGSM=20

I also validated the BAM files

Now I get the following error:

##### ERROR MESSAGE: SAM/BAM/CRAM file /analysis/tumnormalor.bam is malformed. Error details: Reference name for '1283' not found in sequence dictionary.

If I exchange the tumor and normal .bam files as command line arguments I get the error
##### ERROR MESSAGE: SAM/BAM/CRAM file /analysis/tumor.bam is malformed. Error details: Reference name for '1283' not found in sequence dictionary.

I tried to google it and found nothing. Can someone give me a clue where to look ?

Is the file ucsc.hg19.fasta.dict the sequence dictionary ?

Tagged:

Answers