To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Missing parameter '-bqsr' in BaseRecalibrator of GATK version 4.beta.6

There is no parameter '-bqsr' in BaseRecalibrator of GATK version 4.beta.6 that could use to generate the 2nd recal table by include the 1st recal table.

Answers

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator

@Yingya
    Hi,

Have a look at this thread. We will be sure to document this properly for the release :smile:

-Sheila

• Hi,
    I have the same problem with GATK4.0.0.0. The parameter -bqsr, as indicated on slide 11 of the presentation "GATKwr21-03-Base_Recalibrator.pdf" for example, is missing in BaseRecalibrator. Is there a workaround to generate the 2nd recal table?

Thanks,
    Stefan

• SheilaSheila Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Moderator

@mobula71
    Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the confusion. I will make sure the new slides (for the upcoming workshops) have the correct workflow/commands.

For now, I am quoting Soo Hee from the thread above. "BaseRecalibrator does not take the -bqsr parameter. To generate the 2nd recalibration table, you must use the recalibrated BAM with BaseRecalibrator."

-Sheila