To celebrate the release of GATK 4.0, we are giving away free credits for running the GATK4 Best Practices pipelines in FireCloud, our secure online analysis portal. It’s first come first serve, so sign up now to claim your free credits worth $250. Sponsored by Google Cloud. Learn more at https://software.broadinstitute.org/firecloud/documentation/freecredits

Regarding Gatk output

Hello,
I want to identify snps in my sequencing data.I am new in this field so i am just following guideline that you provided. i have paired end sequencing data (one sample) and according to documentation. i ran the programs and in the end i ran
java -Xmx32g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T HaplotypeCaller -R genome.fasta -I realigned.bam -nct 14 -stand_call_conf 30 -o DK_new.vcf

After getting vcf file, i want to filter vcf file on the basis of allelic depth (DP) that describe in format column. Can you tell me how can i do this.

One more question about the DP value.. why DP value is different in info and format column???
i read the discussion about this and find that because of informative reads and uninformative reads. So it will always possible that allelic depth < total read depth at particular site. so it will better that to filter snps on basis of allelic depth than the total read depth.
I am totally confused that how can i filter snps ????

Please give suggestions about that.

Thanks & Regards

Answers