Issues with adding method config annotations

mleventhalmleventhal Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie ✭✭

Hello,

A colleague and noticed that when we were trying to add or delete intermediate characters in a method config annotation, we would get pushed to the end of the string after adding or deleting a single character. To illustrate what I mean:

Suppose I have a method configuration and have an output annotation "out_MAF" that I write to the data model with the annotation "this.outMAF", and I want to add a prefix to this annotation so that the annotation is now "this.testOutMAF". For each letter I type in the word "test", I get sent to the end, meaning that I were to type without any adjustments, the annotation would be "this.tOutMAFest".

The issue also arises when I am deleting characters. As an example, if I wanted my annotation to be "this.MAF" instead of "this.out_MAF", I would have to delete each character in "out_" one-by-one, because each deletion sends me back to the end of the string. This is probably a smaller issue since I can highlight and delete text, but inserting characters has now become much more inconvenient.

I would appreciate any insight into why this is occurring. Thank you!

Best,
Matt

Best Answer

Answers

• lelaginalelagina Member, Broadie

I can second that as I see the same behavior after new release came out yesterday
    When I try to edit method configurations:

For example if I try to edit this typing error:
    this.control_sample.cram__bam_path (forgot to add "or")
    After typing letter 'o' my cursor is moved to the end of the string
    this.control_sample.cram_o_bam_path
    I have to bring it back to type 'r'

Let me know if this is clear.

Thank you,
    Luda.

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

Thanks for reporting! This definitely sounds like a bug. I will try to recreate it and then pass it on to our team to be prioritized.

Hello Tiffany,

I am wondering what is the status of this bug as I still encounter the same behavior when trying to change method configurations.

Thank you,
    Luda.

• Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

@lelagina thanks for letting us know. I will follow up with an ETA soon. Sorry for the delay.

@lelagina and @mleventhal - we are planning to release a fix on July 10th! Thank you for your patience.

• mleventhalmleventhal Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie ✭✭

The issue has been fixed for me, thank you!

• JohnyWalterJohnyWalter Member
    edited July 2018

Dejavue all over again. I am old enough to remember how writing pure and simple Java code was not cool enough and everyone (JEE/EJB and Spring) jumped onto XML based configuration bandwagon, then after facing XML configuration hell same frameworks moved onto annotations and now we have annotation and dynamic class loading hell.
    Hopefully we can go back to basics (like 15 years back) and just write simple and elegant Java code utilizing whatever syntax we have in hand, including fluent interfaces and lambdas.

Post edited by JohnyWalter on

Hello,

This issue was fixed for me but still experience very slow input.

Thank you,
    Luda.

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Thanks @lelagina for your report. I'll be following up in this thread when I have a solution to the slowness you've been experiencing.