Need better error message on adding users to groups

ebanksebanks Broad InstituteMember, Broadie, Dev ✭✭✭✭

I tried adding a user who isn't registered yet to one of my FireCloud groups and got this error message (with the name changed so I can post it in public):

Error: Sam call to HttpMethod(PUT) /api/group/MethodsDev/member/[email protected] failed with error HttpEntity.Strict(application/json,{"statusCode":400,"source":"sam","causes":[],"stackTrace":[],"message":"[email protected] not found"})

Clearly, this should be cleaned up when presented to the user....

Best Answer

Answers

• jlchangjlchang BroadMember

When might one expect this issue to be addressed? (Asking because a collaborator encountered this same error on July 1).

Also, had been under the impression that trying to add non-FireCloud users would trigger an invitation to join FireCloud to be sent out. If that's not the case, what's the easiest way to generate an invitation to join FireCloud and is there any way to track/follow whether the invitation was acted upon?

• mbemismbemis Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie ✭✭

The invitation to FireCloud is only triggered when adding an unregistered user to a workspace. They'll show up as "Pending..." on the workspace ACL. Once they register, they will no longer show up as pending and will have immediate access to the workspace.

I believe a fix for this error message will be in the next release. In general, releases happen once per week.

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

This bug has been patched with the release that went out today, July 10th. Please let us know if you are still seeing the incorrect error message.

• jlchangjlchang BroadMember

Thanks Kate. I tested yesterday and it looks like the issue has been resolved.