We've moved!
You can find our new documentation site and support forum for posting questions here.

How to remove unwanted data from my workspaces?

cn4cldcn4cld MarylandMember

Does portal.firecloud have this option?

Best Answers

Answers

• yfarjounyfarjoun Broad InstituteDev ✭✭✭

what if I'd like to remove an entire row from the data? How do I do that?

• esalinasesalinas BroadMember, Broadie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

@yfarjoun do you have a set entity? If you have a pair set for example, would re-creating the set (but perhaps giving it a new name) but leaving out the item you don't want work to achieve the desired outcome?

leaving it out doesn't seem to remove it

• abaumannabaumann Broad DSDEMember, Broadie ✭✭✭

Unfortunately this feature is not currently available. As Eddie mentioned, we only support removing attributes, but not entities themselves. We plan to have this feature in in the near future.

Can we remove entities by now?

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin

You can, with the API. I wrote up a detailed how to in response to someone's question recently. Not sure if we've posted it as a proper doc yet. Will dig that up for you if it's not coming up in search.

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin
  • bshifawbshifaw Member, Broadie, Moderator admin

Does this bulk delete still work? I tried to import a file with __DELETE__ to wipe out the my data model tables but I get the following error.

Error: Invalid first column header, entity type should end in _id
    Hide Details
    Code: 400
    Occurred: September 26, 2018, 10:05 AM EDT
    Source: FireCloud

File attached.