Heads up:
We’re moving the GATK website, docs and forum to a new platform. Read the full story and breakdown of key changes on this blog.

Can we have an option to disable email notifications?

dlivitzdlivitz Member, Broadie

Hi Firecloud Team,

Would it be possible to set a checkbox somewhere to not send notifications when workspaces are shared with me?

I don't want to filter all emails from firecloud, but I also don't want to have an inbox full of these notifications.

Thank you!
-Dimitri

Issue · Github
by Geraldine_VdAuwera

Issue Number
State
closed
Last Updated
Assignee
Array
Milestone
Array
Closed By
vdauwera

Answers

• Geraldine_VdAuweraGeraldine_VdAuwera Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin
    Hi Dmitri, I believe the product team is working on some redesign for notification policies; I'll bring this to their attention to include in their deliberations. I expect it should be possible to set up a "notification preferences" control panel of some sort.
  • Tiffany_at_BroadTiffany_at_Broad Cambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie, Moderator admin

Hi Dimitri! There is a new Notification preference page where you can control this now! Hope this helps!

• gauthiergauthier Member, Broadie, Dev ✭✭✭

I finally found a tiny little bell icon on the workspace summary page to turn off the "new data has been added" emails. This is happening for a lot of workspaces for me, all under the same... owner? Whatever the level above workspace is. It would be nice to have a way to turn off all the "new data" notifications at once.

• KateNKateN Cambridge, MAMember, Broadie, Moderator admin

Thank you for the suggestion @gauthier, I will definitely pass that on to our development teams. I can see it getting tedious to turn off individual notifications for a large number of workspaces.