Release notes: Mar 21st, 2017
Geraldine_VdAuwera adminCambridge, MAMember, Administrator, Broadie admin
edited March 2017 in FireCloud Announcements
- Text search in Library is now aware of the Human Disease Ontology (http://disease-ontology.org/). If a Library dataset is catalogued with a phenotype or indication from that ontology, text search will now match on that phenotype/indication ontology node or any parent of that node. That means that when searching in the Data Library, the search will return any dataset classified with the disease the user searched for or any of its sub-classes. For example: when searching for cancer the Data Library will return datasets tagged with Glioblastoma or Lymphoma.
- Updated NIH linking expiration behavior: users can now stay linked for 30 days.
- The billing group management page has been redesigned.
- The Workspace Monitor table now remembers display settings such as filter, number of entries shown, and so on.
- On the Library page, there is a new column that displays a shield when you don't have access to the workspace for a dataset. (Note that now this column, as well as the cohort name column, cannot be removed from the table by changing the column settings)
- Columns in the Library search results are now sortable.
- Added a help button (by user profile menu) linking to the documentation.
- Removed ambiguous navigation links that went to the same place as other buttons.
- Various minor cosmetic and labeling improvements.
- This release upgrades Cromwell to version 25, which addresses multiple stability and reliability issues, including inaccurate workflow status reporting and duplicate VMs being spawned when the Cromwell server gets restarted.
Note that although FireCloud is now running Cromwell 25, the call caching feature (aka job avoidance in Firehose parlance) is not yet available. This will be added in the next release.
Post edited by Geraldine_VdAuwera on